Monday, March 2, 2009

Sweet Baby Smell

My baby was sleeping so peacefully last night. I was giddy that she was sleeping well. Occassionally there are nights when she would fight sleep while sleeping. She would kick her legs and fling her arms from side to side. I don't know what she's doing, fighting in her sleep, but it sure doesn't make me sleep easier. Those nights are the toughest because I would be vigilant throughout the night. I wouldn't get any sleep because the slightest peep out of her, would make me pop from bed to take care of her. She never needs me, but I just worry.

Last night was a good night. I saw her clutching her blankie, sleeping on her side, breathing in and out. That was peace to me.

I gave her a kiss on her cheek and I just had to sniff her. And yes, that sweet baby smell was still on her. It's been there since she was born. The first time I held her in my arms, and I thought "She smells so good. I don't want to let her go."

So she continued to sleep. And I dreamt of her toothy smile when I woke up. I wasn't disappointed.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio