Sunday, March 29, 2009

Story In My Head

This monologue hit me fast. I had to write it quickly.

Life can change in a blink of an eye. Minor decisions can bring big changes. One word and a whole story can change. And life as we know will never be the same.

I believe things happen for a reason. Just probably not the reason I wanted. That's probably why life is not fair. It doesn't take sides.

I never met anyone like her. She was the best thing that happened to me. ::chuckling:: She was also the worst thing that happened to me. She can be sweet and funny. She can be stubborn and muleheaded. I can always see her pure soul shining out of her eyes. I would never forget her laugh, a sound full of pranks and love.

I love her. I never loved anything before. Not like this. She never heard it from my own mouth. But I think she knew how I felt.

I never got a chance to tell her either. That's what I regret the most. When I found out how I felt, it was too late. Too damn late.

I thought it was too late.

So I stand here today declaring my love for her. Hopefully she'll know it's never too late.
________________________________________________________________
And so the story begins: 3 Months earlier

"What are you doing?"

I slightly turned from my kneeling position to see the brunette an inch away from my ear. A nosy client. Great. "I'm putting together the lens for this camera and also attaching a flash. This area is a little lacking in light. If you want a good shot, I need these to make the picture work."

"Geez, a little touchy. I meant what are you thinking about? You had a weird crinkle in your forehead and your eyes went a bit wild for a moment. It was not a look of someone thinking about light and whatever other stuff goes into photography."

"Look if you want this scenery, ...."

"The agency said that you did the shoots for National Geographic for years. And that you just recovered from an injury. Did you hurt yourself on an expedition?"

"... You are.... who told ... look can we just get on with this? I have another appointment in 2 hours."

"No you don't. I asked Bradford and he said that this is basically your first shoot since the 'hush hush' accident."

Bradford. He is going to die a slow death. And so soon after his wife gave birth. A pity.

"Whatever lady. Let's just get a move on."

"Not lady. I have a name. It's Sunny."

__________________________________________

What do you think so far?

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio