Monday, February 16, 2009

When You're On The Run, Dinner's Last On Your Mind

I work 6 days a week. I take care of my 13 month old baby. I take care of my husband. I cook and I clean. My husband helps me around the house, but of course he can't read my mind, like "put laundry in washer."


After a long day at work, the last thing I want to think of is dinner. I dislike coming home without knowing what to eat. But that happens a lot. When i don't know what's for dinner, the family usually heads out to a restaurant. So It's like $30 or more dollars for dinner. Or when I don't know what's for dinner, I would get home and figure out what we all want. What can my husband eat, can my baby eat along, me - I'm easy, I'll eat anything.


Sometimes the food is easy to make. Sometimes I lack things in the kitchen and then I would search for another recipe. Cooking - I love it and I hate it!


But for the past 2 months, I have been going to Super Suppers (http://www.supersuppers.com/). They have locations all over the U.S. They make your meals for you. All you do is head out to a storefront 1 time a week, and pick up all your meals. As many as you want.


A regular sized meal equals 3 servings which is just enough for me, my husband to share and for our baby to mooch. A regular size is $12.00 at my location. The size also comes in a full size which is equal to 4-6 servings and is $24.00. That's amazing! 1 serving - $3-$4! That's all.
It's packaged in zip lock bags or aluminum trays for easy baking. Most meals take about 15-20 minutes to make. Their menus change each month also. So your family won't be forced to eat the same old things over and over again.


Last night we had Swedish meatballs with noodles and it was DELISH! I even had a bit left over for this morning's breakfast. They make all their selections without any preservatives. I love how my family is eating healthy.
Visit your local Super Suppers or something like that. In the Houston area we also have Chef For You and several more. Google Personal Chefs in Houston or wherever you're located.
They have great meals and it saves you time. Us working moms need more time for family.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio