Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sleeplessness

Last night was one night that I thought I would sleep as well as the baby. As it turns, this was not the case. I could not fall asleep at all. My mind was still active even though my eyes were weary. I kept twisting and turning so much I woke the baby up.

Megan sleeps with me. I love to co-sleep because it usually helps me sleep better. When she slept in her crib I would wake numerous amount of time just checking up on her. I fear that she's too cold, or too hot, suffocating from her blankie, or just not comfortable. A peep out of her during the night would make me shoot off the bed to check on her. I was terribly sleep deprived during those nights. It got better, yes.

Then it got worse. She began to teethe. She would have slight fevers in the middle of the night. She would wake up in terror, maybe in pain. I do not know. I just know that I felt better and I slept better when she was in our bed.

Last night was the opposite. I woke her up. She began to kick and squirm, irritated that I woke her. Her sleep was disturbed. So the rest of the night, each time I would slightly fall asleep, she did something to disrupt my sleep. I eventually was not able to sleep until 3 or 4 am.

I woke up feeling awful... and sick. I guess somehow during the night I caught a cold.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio