Thursday, February 19, 2009

Parenting Questions?

I remember the first week after my baby was born. I was stressed and sleep deprived. Megan was not breastfeeding well. She seemed always hungry. I didn't know enough about a baby to begin with. I felt like I was a horrible mom. "How could I keep raising a child when I don't know what to do?"

I mean, "Wasn't I supposed to know intrinsically?"

With the help of http://answers.yahoo.com/, saved my sanity. I would just search for answers. "How much is a my week old baby supposed to drink? How do you wash her? What am I supposed to do when she..." The most important thing I found was that many moms out there were in the same position as I was. They were having doubts but with http://answers.yahoo.com/ we found the answers we needed.

My current question was how much whole milk should my baby drink?

My doctor said "12oz to 15oz" a day. Megan was drinking on average 28oz a day. I found out that this was bad. Cow's milk contains a lot of calcium which could cause dental problems later on and even digestive problems.

So just in the past two days, I've but back 2 feedings. She seems to be handling it just fine. Amazing! I thought she would cry and starve.

I guess that means she's eating enough.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio