Friday, February 27, 2009

My Poetry

I began writing poetry at 15. I was such an awkward teenager. Most of the time I was depressed and stressed. Even though I had a loving family, my parents were strict. I couldn't get a B in my classes. I had to be the best at everything. I was the daughter and the son they never had. I had to live up to the family name and bring all the pride home.

Poetry became my safe haven. Without it, I think I wouldn't be here today. It really cleared my brain from all the cluttered mess.

At 15, one poem I wrote was for content. It went on to win The Best in the City Award at the 10th grade level. Here are others I have written so far (more will be coming soon).

Disturbed
Whispers In The Wind
Little Pieces
Too Good
American Dream

I Lost My Way
I saw you one day
Walking with a friend
One look and I knew
We’d be together someday
You’re so right for me,
I hope you know,
But then I lost my way.

I had your heart
I saw that in your eyes.
I became your entire life
Wrapped yourself around me,
And so happy were we.
But I lost my way.

Along with your heart,
I also took your glee.
I broke your world
Into sad little pieces.
I’m sorry honey,
We’re not meant to be.
I lost my way,
My way to your heart.

I just fell out of love…
I’m so sorry.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio