Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sleeping Battles

Megan is now 2 years old. Along with a new baby in the house, I am struggling to control Megan's behaviors. She had always been a great 1 year old toddler. Well minus her constant urge to get into every nook and crany of everything.

Yeah, so she's a handful.

But recently, (well 5 months ago), she started to have sleeping problems. She would get into bed at 9pm but wouldn't sleep until midnight. Around 20 months, she got the nerve to climb out of bed and walk through the door. We would find her in her play room at midnight. We put her back into bed and she would fall asleep ... an hour later.

We had to sleep by her side. If she wakes in the middle of the night, and one of us is not there, she would burst into tears.

So now at 2 years of age, and with a newborn, we need to make some changes. PRONTO.

I am at wits end when I ran across a parenting advice column. 2 parents recommended "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child." I bought it and I'm reading it and already I see some hopeful and helpful tips.

Keep yours fingers cross

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio